Hello all!
I wanted to let you know about a new open-access edited collection which has just been published that may have interest to some of you on this list, and to invite you to a launch event on Tuesday 20th October, at 3pm UK time
(UTC+1) which will be held in Lancaster, UK and online.
https://lancaster-uk.libcal.com/event/4574001
Bridging Design and Fandom: Design Research and Fan Studies in Conversation, is an open-access collection published by Emerald and edited by myself. It covers a wide range of work which speaks to the fields of Design Research and
Fan Studies, which have many links and synergies but have previously been underexplored in tandem.
You can access the book here -
https://bookstore.emerald.com/bridging-design-and-fandom-pb-9781805926627.html Download free PDF or purchase hard-copy
https://doi.org/10.1108/978-1-80592-659-7 Chapter-by-Chapter Open Access link
Chapters which may be of particular relevance to AoIR scholars include:
I hope many of you find the book useful and consider attending the launch event, at which several of the wonderful chapter authors will introduce their work.
If you would like to know more about design and fan research do please get in touch!
All the best,
Naomi Jacobs
Dr Naomi Jacobs
Lecturer in Design Policy and Futures Thinking
Co-Director, Imagination Lancaster
Design, School of Arts
Lancaster University, Bailrigg
LA1 4WY
Pronouns: She/her
Because I work flexible hours, you may sometimes receive emails from me outside of your usual working times, and I may not always reply immediately.
Regardless of when I sent this email, please do not feel you have to respond outside your own working hours.