Thank you for sharing these! I have to admit I'm treating this a bit superficially today just browsing through, but I absolutely couldn't scroll past without commenting on those creative titles. Those are brilliant titles! I love them all! Looking forward to diving into the actual articles later.
Best, 

Salomé Hoarau

Le ven. 25 sept. 2026 à 11:41, Kendall, Tina via Air-L <air-l@lists.aoir.org> a écrit :

Dear colleagues,

With apologies for cross posting -

Jernej and I are pleased to share the Cultural Commons special issue of the European Journal of Cultural Studies on 'Brainrot, AI Slop and the Enshittification of the Internet,' which has now been released in the online first section of the journal.

The special issue takes these terms seriously as vernacular concepts for making sense of contemporary platform cultures, particularly in the wake of generative AI. The contributions approach these transformations through a range of perspectives, examining the affective experience of doomscrolling, exhaustion and abjection; the labour, political economy and environmental infrastructures of generative AI; the emergence of AI “slopaganda”; and the strange aesthetic and operational logics of brainrot and slop. 


Please find links to the individual pieces below, with thanks to the editors and our contributors! 

 
Adrienne Evans, Doomscrolling for Hope
Mél Hogan, Rotting Empires

ARU THE University of the Year 2023 | UK Social Mobility Awards University of the Year 2023 | TEF Gold 2023
-- Please click here to view our e-mail disclaimer https://www.aru.ac.uk/email-data-statement
_______________________________________________
The To unsubscribe send an email to air-l-leave@lists.aoir.org mailing list
is provided by the Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
Subscribe, change options or unsubscribe at:
Join the Association of Internet Researchers:
http://www.aoir.org/